Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Futsal Organizer's English:



I especially love the creative use of the term "beep". And here I was, planning to enter the futsal tournament... I can just imagine it now...


Organizer: Team A, your colour is similar to Team B! I will need you to use the beep so that


the referee can differentiate the team colours.

Me: You want me to use the what?

Organizer: The beep. I need you to use the beep.

Me: (raising left eyebrow and looking puzzled) The BEEP?

Organizer: Yes, yes, hurry now, the referee is about to start the game! Now go ask your
team to use the beep!

Me: (talking to teammates) Well guys, we shouldn't have worn blue today 'cos the

other team is wearing it too. The organizer says we need to use the beep. Understand?

Teammates: (in unison) Okay.

TWEEEET! (The referee blows the whistle for kick-off)

Me: I'm open, I'm open! Beep! Pass the ball here! Beep!

Teammates: Call for the ball! Beep! Watch the left flank! Beep!




2 comments: