Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ever Notice? (The call button on MAS airplanes)

On my flight back from Kelantan, a baby started crying like a...well, like a baby just as the plane landed. While said baby was wailing away, I was fidgeting around looking for the call button, you know, the one that looks like this:


in order to get the stewardess to give a new sucker to the baby (because the current ones were not doing the job well enough). I was seated on the seat furthest from the window (the third one from the window), and it dawned on me that MAS planes have their call buttons so far up the ceiling that you would have to stand up, struggle and lean in an awkward way just to reach it. I don't think I'm that tall, but I'm not exactly Danny Devito, either. Anyway, I don't know if it's done on purpose, but all I'll say is that having the button s high up (I was sitting in economy class) was probably meant to annoy you. 'Cos if you really think about it, having to stand up and struggle to push the button is almost the same as getting up from your seat and walking towards the stewardess. So, the next time I want a drink or some service from the stewardess, I'll just stick to the old-fashioned "IS THAT A BOMB IN YOUR SHOE, MATE?!". Gets them rushing over every single time...

Update: Finally received the cheque (see previous post)! I don't know if POS Malaysia takes the term "snail mail" more literally than I do, but what I CAN tell you is that cheque was sent out on the 17th, POS Malaysia received it (or rather, started processing it) on the 19th and I received it today, on the 24th. Considering that the company who mailed me the cheque is in Puchong, they could have walked from their office to my house in Kota Damansara and probably arrive before the cheque does. What say you, POS Malaysia? Last I checked, they were still mailing a reply to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment