Monday, April 6, 2009

Divorced: Husband Too Clean???

Berlin - A German woman has divorced her husband because she was fed up with him cleaning all the time.
German media reported the wife got through 15 years of marriage putting up with the man's penchant for doing household chores, tidying up and rearranging the furniture.
But she ran out of patience when he knocked down and rebuilt a wall at their home when it got dirty, Christian Kropp, court judge in the central town of Sondershausen, said on Thursday.
"I'd never had anyone seek a divorce for this," he said.


Comment: I have to admit I'm rather surprised to read this piece of news. At first glance, I thought maybe the wife was a little harsh or disturbed. But upon reading the additional details, such as how the husband would knock down and rebuild a wall because it got dirty, I could see why she divorced him. And boy, I don't have to look far to know what it's like to have shift and rearrange furniture, because my Dad does it sometimes. The best is when he rearranges stuff and then decides that the original arrangement was better. You can almost hear the WALL heaving a huge "=_______="...Me? I heave an even bigger "=__________=" because usually it's ME and my brother doing all the heavy lifting and shifting! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment